Deborah Cole Bio
Co-Chair of the UAS Judicial Working Group
Deborah G. Cole, owner and President of DGCole Law, has more than 36 years of experience in the practice of commercial litigation, employment law and contract negotiations. DGCole Law provides cost effective legal services to clients on sophisticated corporate and litigation matters by analyzing the issues and retaining lawyers with the requisite expertise to act as team members in servicing the client’s business needs.
Ms. Cole has successfully represented a myriad of clients before state, federal and appellate courts in connection with claims involving intellectual property rights, securities fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, construction, contractual issues, discrimination, employment, labor, environmental disputes, financial fraud, insurance coverage, zoning and real estate litigation.
Throughout her professional career and community service/probono work, Deborah has been dedicated to the pursuit of social justice and the rule of law, including the promotion of gender equality, the fight for employment rights, supporting diversity in the workplace, and volunteering her time to help feed the hungry.
Previous Board of Director Leadership
- Board of Directors - International Association of Defense Council (IADC)
- Advisory Board Member - Corporate Counsel Training Academy (Co-Sponsored by IADC)
- Chair - IADC Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- IADC Mid-Year Meeting Speaker - "Reinventing the Practice of Law"
- Member - IADC Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Business Litigation Vice Chair of Publications - IADC
- Board Member - Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University
- Board of Directors President - North Dearborn Association
- Board Member - Design Council of the School of Art Institute of Chicago
- Board Member - ITT Chicago-Kent Law School Board of Overseers
- Board Member/President - The Law School Alumni Association Board of Chicago-Kent